Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fashion Distraction: Say No to the Dress

Hi folks! Sorry about the lack of updates lately. My sewing machine is on the fritz, and my life has been loopy with figuring out a new potential job and getting back into a lot of creative projects. Anyway, I will hopefully have the machine fixed soon so I can get back to sewing and showing you pictures of it, but for now I just wanted to pop in to comment on a silly little fashion thing I've noticed lately:


On the right, we have Marc Jacobs in a Comme des Garcons dress, some pretty badass black shoes with what appear to be diamond-studded buckles, and for some strange reason big ugly white boxer shorts. On the left, we have Seth Meyers appropriately making fun of this outfit by, you know, wearing it.

I love it when guys wear dresses.


I love it when they get attention for it.

I get it, Andrej, you're the most gorgeous person in the world. Stop lording it over me.
 But yeah, that look is just hideous. The dress is kind of cool, if not particularly flattering to the male figure. The white boxers just make it seem like a joke. Is it a joke? That would disappoint me, Marc Jacobs. Anyway, I guess part of a fashion choice (guys in dresses) becoming more acceptable, at least in the edgiest circles of taste, is that fashion choice being executed pretty poorly from time to time. I just hope that this look is an honest-to-goodness poor decision on the part of Mr. Jacobs, and not some kind of laugh at the expense of fashion freedom. If it's the former, at the very least, we'll have people looking at this hot mess and attempting to do a better job of it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment