Friday, May 11, 2012

Fashion Distraction: The Prisoner Blazer

Every once in a while, I notice a quirky trend running around that gets my fashion sense tingling. Last week I spotted a woman walking through the Harvard Square subway station in a black blazer with white trim on the lapels. She was also wearing dazzling pumpkin-orange pants, and that's awesome. I noted the similarity between the blazer and a certain iconic look from an old British science fiction show, but didn't think much of it at the time. Then, lo and behold, on Once Upon a Time last weekend, THIS:

Oh, Regina. I could dedicate an entire blog to your hair.
Here's Regina Mills, AKA The Evil Queen (Evil being universal pop culture code for TOTALLY AWESOME). And she's rocking the white-trim blazer! Could there possibly be a better way to inextricably link this fierce look to the concept of powerful femininity?

My English Professor went to school with her. *Swoon*
Oh. I guess *maybe* if the Secretary of State, Former First Lady, and All-Around-Badass Hillary Rodham Clinton wore it, that might help. So yeah, here's to you, Black-Blazer-with-White-Trim(-and-Sometimes-Buttons). You just keep killing it out there. But what should we call this look? Ooh, I know, how about The Prisoner Blazer?


I see what you did there.
So folks, have you seen this particular garment anywhere? Got photos to share? Maybe you've even rocked the look yourself? Something about it tells me I need to make it someday, so look forward to that happening once I've graduated from pajama pants to fitted suits. Can't be too long now, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment